My life, my blog, and B-school somewhere inbetween

A catalog of one reapplicant's journey towards an MBA in 2008

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Whoops

Oh, did I mention I got dinged by Columbia? Yeah, kind of forgot about that. Doesn't really matter, I knew my app sucked, probably wouldn't have gone there anyway. I need to get out of the city for a couple years. It was kind of weird though when I was checking out my status change. Normally there's a sense of nervousness and anticipation. For Columbia, nothing. I guess I really didn't want to go there? Of course, everything's different when you got other schools to choose from... Good luck to those getting decisions in the next couple of weeks!

6 Comments:

  • At March 16, 2006 1:42 PM, Blogger sorebrek said…

    Sorry to hear that man. I guess I'll have to take you up on your advice and take whatever I get, which right now seems like the best-case scenario :-)

     
  • At March 16, 2006 10:22 PM, Blogger Forrest Gump said…

    sorry to hear that, but as you said, it doesnt matter since you already have 2 great admits...good luck with the choosing game - are you tilting towards either one of them ?

     
  • At March 17, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger MBA Pundit said…

    It probably would have felt worse in a different scenario but with 2 admits from 2 great programs it doesnt matter. You didnt want to really go to Columbia and also wanted to get out of the city, so things work out for a reason in the end. Have fun in Chicago, irrespective of where you end up going.

     
  • At March 21, 2006 3:47 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    Maybe they make you take an oath of secrecy???

     
  • At March 21, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Marina said…

    oh, I fully intend on it. Just don't tell anyone :)

    You know, it can be one of those "I went through hell when I applied and there is no way in hell I am going to make it easier for you" things...

     
  • At March 22, 2006 9:39 AM, Blogger MBA Cutie said…

    You will love life in Chicago!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home